There’s at least two storm systems that could bring snow to Aquidneck Island this weekend, according to the National Weather Service.
The first chance of snow is between Thursday evening at 7 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Friday evening. the National Weather Service is forecasting that Newport will likely see 2″ of snow, but there is the potential to see up to 5″.
The greatest chance of snow is mainly after 11 p.m. on Thursday and before 11 a.m. on Friday, according to the National Weather Service.
UPDATE: At 3:17 p.m. on Thursday, the National Weather Service issued a Winter Weather Advisory for our area.
UPDATE: At 3:56 a.m. on Thursday, the National Weather Service issued a Hazardous Weather Outlook for our area for this weekend.
ACCUMULATING SNOW IS LIKELY FRIDAY…AND POSSIBLY AGAIN LATE
SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT ALONG THE SOUTH COAST OF RHODE
The second chance of snow this weekend is Saturday into early Sunday morning, the National Weather Service predicts several inches of snow is possible.
The current detailed weather forecast from the National Weather Service, as of 5 a.m. on January 5th.
Yhis story has been updated. What’sUpNewp will continue to monitor the potential for snow and will keep you updated.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend