The Jamestown Police Department has announced a new partnership with Day One of Rhoe Island.
Day One is an agency in Rhode Island that provides support and advocacy for the victims of sexual assault and domestic violence.
Recently the Jamestown Police Department has partnered with Day One in order to establish a law enforcement advocacy program. Sara Eckhoff of Day One will provide advocacy service to victims of crimes reported and investigated by the Jamestown Police Department.
“It remains a priority of the Department to ensure that victims receive the service and compassion which they deserve. This program and partnership with Sara and Day One will assist police officers in providing victims the service and guidance they so often need during these times of crisis,” said a press release written by Jamestown Police Department.
The program will also allow for police officers to receive additional and more comprehensive training as it relates to domestic violence and sexual assault investigation. The additional training will assist officers with identifying the signs of domestic violence and sexual assault in order to determine the best course of action.
The Latest From WUN
- The Beach Boys To play Mohegan Sun Arena on New Year’s Eve
- FirstWorks to present “Women Trailblazers in Music” in November
- Now Hiring: 77 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- National Sailing Hall Of Fame inducts Class of 2021
- Newport woman is first-ever female to win Citizens Pell Bridge Run