Island Moving Company, Newport’s contemporary ballet company, restages its popular ballet for the very young, Mother Goose, at four matinees on March 3, 4 & 5 at Rosecliff. The Company presents an after-school matinee at 4pm on Friday, March 3rd in addition to the 3pm matinee on Saturday the 4th and two shows on Sunday at 1 & 3pm. Tickets are $28 for adults and $18 for children and are available at www.newportmansions.org. Rosecliff is located at 548 Bellevue Avenue in Newport, RI.
Perfect for the younger set, Island Moving Co.’s Mother Goose at Rosecliff is a lively retelling of the familiar nursery rhymes using movement and live music. Audience members will be led by a minstrel and the effervescent Mother Goose herself through the spectacular rooms of Rosecliff for an interactive and entertaining performance event for children as young as three. IMC dancers will bring to life rhymes such as Humpty Dumpty, Jack and Jill, Little Miss Muffett with a new dance featuring a clock and some mischievous mice. The Company is joined by minstrel Alicia Ruggiero with Newport actress and educator Lisa Reimer directing the action and reciting the familiar rhymes as Mother Goose. The performance ends with an opportunity to get up and dance with the nursery rhyme characters.
Performances are at 4pm on March 3rd; 3pm on March 4th; and 1pm & 3pm on March 5th. Tickets are $28 for adults and $18 for children. The Island Moving Co will also perform in two evenings of works from the repertory and a new work by choreographer Rodney Rivera of Ballet Brio in Puerto Rico on Friday and Saturday at 7pm. Tickets for all shows are available on the Island Moving Co. site www.islandmovingco.org as well as at www.newportmansions.org.
More information is available at www.islandmovingco.org.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools