The FBI wants to know if you know the location or have information on Adam C. Emery, an individual who is wanted for a second-degree murder in 1990.
Emery was convicted of second-degree murder in Rhode Island State Superior Court in Providence on November 10th, 1993. The conviction stemmed from an incident which occurred in August of 1990 during which Emery stabbed another man to death. Emery was permitted to remain free on bail pending formal sentencing which was scheduled for December of 1993. He left the courthouse in order to get his affairs in order. Hours after his release, his car was located on the top of the Newport Bridge. Emery has not been seen since the time of his release.
A federal warrant was issued on January 18th, 1994, and Emery was charged with unlawful flight to avoid prosecution.
The FBI shared the following Wanted By The FBI poster on Monday, January 2nd; Emery is considered by the FBI as armed and dangerous.
— FBI (@FBI) January 2, 2017
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record