Bridge to Fitness used New Year’s Day to raise money for a Newport, Connecticut and nonprofit.
Over 30 participants donated $25 on Sunday to participate in the Olympic Challenge Class, proceeds benefited Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center in Newport, the Newtown Parent Connection in neighboring Newtown, CT and nationally the Wounded Warriors Foundation.
“Everyone wants to kick-off the New Year in a positive way and we thought that a good healthy special work-out session was a wise choice especially if participants could feel that they were making a positive impact through their contributions,” stated Bridge to Fitness owner Lisa Cecchi. “Given that we could, as a group, help others locally, in a neighboring state and nationally who have been impacted in a less than positive manner was a good way to start the New Year. It also is a healthy and productive collaborative effort that instills a sense of personal accomplishment in oneself,” she added.
Bridge to Fitness will be accepting additional contributions in any amount until Friday, January 6, 2017. Donations should be made out to the “New Year’s Day Challenge 2017.”
Founded in 2003, Bridge to Fitness provides a comprehensive health, nutrition & fitness training environment. The facility offers members weight, core and cardio training equipment covering multiple exercise disciplines either for individual training, one-on-one personal training or through participation in a variety of group aerobics & spinning classes. bridgetofitness.com
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now