Here is what’s happening for road work, closures and detours in and around Newport, RI this week.
Roadwork scheduled by Rhode Island Department Of Transportation: 1/7-1/13
Newport: As the Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) prepares for construction work at the Newport Transportation and Visitors Center, motorists will experience road work and a right lane closure on America’s Cup Ave., from Gladys Carr Bolhouse Rd. to West Marlborough St., through June 2017. RIPTA has designated temporary bus stop locations along America’s Cup Avenue since the Visitors’ Center boarding area will be closed for the duration of the project. For more information, please visit https://www.ripta.com/newport-gateway-center.
Roadwork scheduled by Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority: 1/8-1/14
Newport Pell Bridge: Westbound Right Lane Closure -1/9 to 1/13 – 7 am to 3 pm
Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge: There are currently no Lane Closures on the Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge.
Route 138 Connector: There are currently no Lane Closures on the Route 138 connector.
Mount Hope Bridge: There are currently no Lane Closures on the Mount Hope Bridge.
Sakonnet River Bridge: There are currently no Lane Closures on the Sakonnet River Bridge.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Gallery Night returns on August 12
- Obituary: Belmira Silvia
- Obituary: Jayne Ellen Byam
- Obituary: Susan Christie
- Obituary: Eileen Burke
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 3 Recap and Photos (August 1)
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)