Here is what’s happening for road work, closures and detours in and around Newport, RI this week.
Roadwork scheduled by Rhode Island Department Of Transportation: 1/14-1/20
Newport: As the Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) prepares for construction work with equipment like the Mechanical Packer at the Newport Transportation and Visitors Center, motorists will experience road work and a right lane closure on America’s Cup Ave., from Gladys Carr Bolhouse Rd. to West Marlborough St., through June 2017. RIPTA has designated temporary bus stop locations along America’s Cup Avenue since the Visitors’ Center boarding area will be closed for the duration of the project. For more information, please visit https://www.ripta.com/newport-gateway-center.
Roadwork scheduled by Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority: 1/15-1/21
Newport Pell Bridge: Westbound Right Lane Closure -1/17 to 1/20- 8 am to 3 pm Eastbound Right Lane Closure -1/17 to 1/20- 9 am to 5 pm
Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge: There are currently no Lane Closures on the Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge.
Route 138 Connector: There are currently no Lane Closures on the Route 138 connector.
Mount Hope Bridge: There are currently no Lane Closures on the Mount Hope Bridge.
Sakonnet River Bridge: There are currently no Lane Closures on the Sakonnet River Bridge.
The Latest From WUN
- National Sailing Hall Of Fame inducts Class of 2021
- Newport woman is first-ever female to win Citizens Pell Bridge Run
- What’s Up This Week: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Full Moon Bike ride, The Exorcist, & more
- Newport Garden Club to host a talk by ‘The Seedhuntress’
- Changing seasons, changing exhibits at Little Compton Historical Society