A Tiverton man claimed a winning $50,000 PowerBall ticket from the December 21st drawing, according to the Rhode Island Lottery.
The ticket was purchased for last Wednesday’s drawing and remained unclaimed until December 24th.
The winner learned he won when he went to the store to play PowerBall for the Christmas Eve draw. When he checked the ticket, the retailer exclaimed, “It’s you…You’re the winner!” The winner matched four numbers and the PowerBall number to win $50,000.
However, he did not purchase the PowerPlay feature, which would have multiplied the prize by 5, the PowerPlay number for the December 21st draw, to win $250,000 instead of $50,000. The winner said he’ll use the winnings to make everyday life easier. Step by Step Mart, 429 Main Rd., Tiverton, sold the winning ticket.
Wednesday’s estimated PowerBall® jackpot is $60 million.
The Latest From WUN
- Newport Garden Club to host a talk by ‘The Seedhuntress’
- Changing seasons, changing exhibits at Little Compton Historical Society
- ‘Rock The Mansion’ raises more than $150,000 for Newport Mental Health
- Obituary: Grace Elaine Kinnunen
- Tony® Award-Winning Musical “Million Dollar Quartet” coming to Boston’s Boch Center October 29th + 30th