Santa has notified the Newport Police Department that he has completed all of the tasks that Mrs. Claus requested. While he still has much to do before Christmas he has confirmed that he will be coming back to Newport tonight. He will be touring the areas of the City listed in the “Santa’s Nightly Ride #4” flyer with the exception of Broadway. These areas include the North End Commercial, Bayside Village, Rolling Green Apartments, the Point, Historic Hill, Memorial Boulevard and the Bellevue Avenue Estates locations.
Santa will leave Newport Fire Station #2 on Old Fort Road at 5 pm this evening with his Newport Fire & Police Department Escort and will continue until he has visited all of the listed areas.
Parents, as a reminder, to be safe please make sure that your children are accompanied by an adult and that they greet Santa from the sidewalk and do not enter the roadway. Santa will not be able to stop and pose for photographs along the route because he has to return to the North Pole to prepare for Christmas. Santa is looking forward to seeing all of the City’s children, but does not want any of them getting hurt.
Kids, keep your eyes and ears open for Santa’s approach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Source: City Of Newport
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)