Salve Regina University’s student-run dance organization, the SRU Dance Club, will be presenting its fall performance, “Final Song,” on Dec. 9-10 in the Rodgers Recreation Center.
This fall show will feature 22 dances with styles varying from hip hop, jazz, tap, contemporary and Irish step.
Performances will be held Friday, Dec.9 and Saturday, Dec. 10. The Friday show will start at 7 p.m. with an admission price of $1, which will serve as a donation to the Andrea Rizzo Foundation. Saturday’s performance will begin at 1 p.m. with an admission of $5 per person.
For both shows, any child young enough to sit on an adult’s lap will receive free admission. In support of Love Your Melon (an on campus club dedicated to raising awareness for pediatric cancer), there will be an information table set up in the lobby for both shows.
Funds raised by the first performance of “Final Song” will be used to support the Andrea Rizzo Foundation. Andrea Rizzo was a Salve Regina graduate who was tragically killed by a drunk
driver at the age of 24. The foundation raises money for children’s cancer research through dance therapy programs. SRU Dance Club continues to support “Drea’s Dream” and help the foundation in any way that it can.
The SRU Dance Club has more than 140 dance members, making it the largest student-run club on campus.
The Latest From WUN
- Tony® Award-Winning Musical “Million Dollar Quartet” coming to Boston’s Boch Center October 29th + 30th
- Gerry Goldstein: For Mercy’s sake, he stood guard through the night
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million