The home being constructed on Coggeshall Avenue, that many are calling “The Spaceship” has garnered the attention of The New York Times.
The New York Times wrote about the published “Newport, a City That loves Its Mansions, Shudders At Its Newest One” on page A8 on December 5th. Read it here – http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/04/us/newport-rhode-island-mansion-complaints.html?emc=edit_th_20161205&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=55010121&_r=1
Many first learned about the large house being built at 236 Coggeshall Avenue when Ross Sinclair Cann, AIA – Managing Director, A4 Architecture submitted a letter to What’sUpNewp back in September (Read it here – Letter To The Editor: Construction on Coggeshall Ave Should Be Concern Of All).
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now