This time of year we at The Wharf Pub like to focus on not only the rotating IPA’s but also Brown ales, Porters and Stouts. Here are our top five favorite winter beers we love down here at the Pub!
1 – Harpoon UFO Winter Blonde Ale (Boston & VT) ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered vanilla cold brew ale with notes of chocolate and vanilla.
2 – Anchor Steam Christmas Ale 2016 (CA) ABV: 6.5%
Brewed with a new recipe every year, Anchor Steam’s Christmas Ale is a brown ale brewed with spiced chocolate and nuts with a rich and smooth finish.
3 – Grey Sail Leaning Chimney Porter (RI) ABV: 6.0%
Grey Sail’s winter seasonal is back! Smoked porter brewed with peat smoked malts with a piney resin flavor on the end.
4 – Brooklyn Chocolate Stout (NY) ABV: 10.0%
Brooklyn’s Chocolate stout has finally arrived! Russian imperial stout brewed with caramel and American malts.
5 – Black Hog Ginga Ninja (CT) ABV: 6.5%
Black Hog’s Ginga Ninja is their season red ale that you will always find on our can list. Brewed by their brewmaster for his wife, This beer has 6 lbs of fresh ginger, with cascade and bravo hops.
Come on down to The Wharf Pub and give one of these or any of our others beer a try soon!
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record