Craft Beer Corner is a regular column on What’sUpNewp, it is sponsored by The Wharf Pub. Each story is written by Sarah Fimple, Beverage Manager of The Wharf Pub.
As the holiday season and 2016 ends, so does a lot of great seasonal beer. We at The Wharf Pub have had everything from Barrel Aged Disco Pig, to Black Hog and even had Foolproof’s Russian Imperial Stout for a short while. As the winter progresses, you’ll start to see Stouts and Porters disappear from our draft lines, as spring beers will start coming out from breweries.
2016 was a blast to say the least for all of us here at The Wharf Pub and Diego’s, from our beer events, to making friends with new guests and of course, seeing our regulars. Some of our favorite beer events over the past 12 months, were Black Hog Barrel Aged and Farmland Night Featuring Black Hog’s Disco Pig Series, What About Barrels with Allagash Brewing Company which featured the barrel aging process on Curieux, and our Victory at Sea Day with Ballast Point Brewing. Our regulars and Brewery Reps help us keep this industry busy and fun and we appreciate the support always.
Come ring in the New Year with us tonight for complimentary Miller High Life’s and Prosecco at midnight! Need to cure that hangover on Sunday? We will be doing a New Years Brunch from 10-2pm! $19.99 all you can eat buffet and you get your choice of Dogfish Head’s Beer for Breakfast Stout, our house made Sake Bloody Mary, or a Mimosa.
We look forward to all our new happenings for 2017, such as adding Whiskey and Bourbon’s to our bar. Stay Tuned!
More From What’s Up Newp
- This Day in RI History: May 18, 1652 – Rhode Island becomes the first colony to pass an anti-slavery law
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now
- Rhode Island Hospitality Jobs: RI Hospitality Association launches new website for employers and job seekers
- Governor McKee, RIDOH change up COVID-19 press conference schedule, will now take place every other Thursday
- CCRI hosts 5th Annual Raising Opportunities Benefit to support students’ ‘comeback’ amidst pandemic