The Newport Art Museum will be accepting work for jurying for the Newport Annual Members’ Juried Exhibition, January 20 (2 – 6 pm), January 21 (10 am – 4 pm) and January 22 (12 – 4 pm) in the Museum’s Cushing Gallery at 76 Bellevue Avenue, Newport. Artists submitting to the exhibition may pre-register and pre-pay their entry fee at newportartmuseum.org. Those who do not pre-register can do so in person at drop-off. This year marks the 30th Newport Annual Members’ Juried Exhibition.
The Newport Art Museum is privileged to have Sarah Kennel, Ph.D., Byrne Family Curator of Photographs at the Peabody Essex Museum in Salem, MA, as juror. Dr. Kennel will review the submissions, select pieces for the show and award prizes in painting, watercolor, prints/pastels/drawings, three-dimensional, photography/video, and mixed media. A “Best-in-Show” and (new this year) “Student” prize will also be selected by Kennel. Prizes will be announced during the show’s opening reception on Friday, February 3, 5 – 7 pm. The exhibition will be on view February 4 – May 21, 2017.
The Newport Annual is open to all New England artists who are current members of the Newport Art Museum. Membership must be valid through May 2017, and dues will be accepted when work is delivered. Each artist may enter one work in any media. All works must be original and completed in the past year. No work previously exhibited at the Museum will be accepted. All works must be available through the entire run of the show. Works not properly prepared for installation will not be accepted. For a full list of requirements, dates and details, or to pre-pay and pre-register, visit newportartmuseum.org.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools