Here is what’s happening for road work, closures and detours in and around Newport, RI this week.
Roadwork scheduled by Rhode Island Department Of Transportation: 12/12 – 12/16
Newport: Broadway at Marlborough St., shoulder closures possible for construction, Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Roadwork scheduled by Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority: 12/11 – 12/17
Newport Pell Bridge: Eastbound Right Lane Closure -12/12, 12/13, 12/15 and 12/16- 9 am to 4:30 pm
Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge: There are currently no Lane Closures on the Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge.
Route 138 Connector: There are currently no Lane Closures on the Route 138 connector.
Mount Hope Bridge: Northbound Lane Closure – 12/12 to 12/16 – 9am to 3pm
Sakonnet River Bridge: There are currently no Lane Closures on the Sakonnet River Bridge.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year
- Home on Chastellux Avenue in Newport sells for $7.1 million
- Frank Prosnitz: My Jazz Festival’s Top Picks
- Gerry Goldstein: Word horseplay draws some pun-gent responses