A $50,000 PowerBall ticket was sold in Newport County for Wednesday night’s drawing.
The winning ticket, which was sold in Tiverton, matched four numbers and the PowerBall number to win $50,000. The winner did not purchase the PowerPlay feature, which would have multiplied the prize by 5, the PowerPlay number for Wednesday night’s draw, to win $250,000 instead of $50,000.
Step by Step Mart, 429 Main Rd., Tiverton, sold the winning ticket, which has yet to be claimed.
Saturday’s estimated PowerBall jackpot is $50 million.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso