Looking for the perfect holiday gift for someone who has everything? Shoppers in search of a unique present need look no further than a ticket to luxury with the Live the Gilded Life Sweepstakes. Gift givers can feel good that with each tax-deductible donation they make, they’re helping to preserve some of America’s greatest architectural treasures while gifting a chance to win a unique weekend in Newport, Rhode Island with airfare, accommodations and exclusive mansion experiences.
Every five dollar donation to The Preservation Society of Newport County purchases a ticket that may win. It’s an easy way to simplify holiday gift giving for the mailman, your stylist, a favorite teacher or for your family’s holiday stockings.
“This is the perfect gift for the romantic, the adventurous or the historian,” said Trudy Coxe, CEO and Executive Director of The Preservation Society of Newport County. “And by purchasing a sweepstakes ticket, buyers have the added benefit of knowing that they are making an important contribution to preserving America’s heritage.”
One lucky couple will be selected at random to receive:
- Round-trip airfare for two (within continental U.S.);
- Three nights’ luxury accommodations;
- In-room flower arrangement from the Preservation Society greenhouse;
- Photo portrait taken in one of the mansions or on the grounds;
- Breakfast in the Conservatory at The Elms;
- Personal tours of all the Newport Mansions;
- “White Glove” tour of Preservation Society archive treasures;
- Croquet lesson on the lawn of Chateau-Sur-Mer with afternoon tea;
- Five-course dinner with wine pairings in the Gold Room at Marble House.
- The Live the Gilded Life Sweepstakes will raise money to help The Preservation Society of Newport County protect, preserve and present some of America’s most important legacy buildings, furnishings and landscapes, including seven National Historic Landmarks. Every donation to the non-profit organization is tax-deductible.
Tickets can be purchased online at www.LiveTheGildedLife.org. Sweepstakes rules and additional details are also available online.
The Preservation Society of Newport County, Rhode Island, is a non-profit organization accredited by the American Alliance of Museums and dedicated to preserving and interpreting the area’s historic architecture, landscapes, decorative arts and social history. Its 11 historic properties–seven of them National Historic Landmarks–span more than 250 years of American architectural and social development.
SOURCE: The Preservation Society of Newport County
More From What’s Up Newp
- This Day in RI History: May 18, 1652 – Rhode Island becomes the first colony to pass an anti-slavery law
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now
- Rhode Island Hospitality Jobs: RI Hospitality Association launches new website for employers and job seekers
- Governor McKee, RIDOH change up COVID-19 press conference schedule, will now take place every other Thursday
- CCRI hosts 5th Annual Raising Opportunities Benefit to support students’ ‘comeback’ amidst pandemic