Daylight Saving Time ends on Sunday, November 6th at 2 a.m., which means you gain an hour of sleep this weekend!
Look for lighter mornings, but for it to get darker much earlier in the evening. For example, the sun will rise at 7:23 a.m. on Saturday and set at 5:35 p.m.; while rising at 6:24 a.m. on Sunday and setting at 4:33 p.m.
Before you go to bed on Saturday night, remember to change your clocks and also take this opportunity to change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
As of February 20, 2004; all new residential construction requires AC-powered hard-wired, interconnected smoke alarms with battery
back up in the following areas: inside each bedroom, outside each bedroom area, on each habitable level including basements
and at the bottom of the basement stairs.
Here’s a great USFA Fire Safety Checklist for Homeowners and Renters;
More From What’s Up Newp
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free
- CDC: If you’re fully vaccinated, you do not need to wear a mask – indoors or outdoors, in most settings
- Opinion: Our seniors have earned the comfort to know we value them