If all goes well and the weather cooperates; Broadway could be paved by this weekend!
In an earlier version of this story – Robin Steele Walsh, Senior Civil Engineer/Resident Engineer – Construction Management for Rhode Island Department of Transportation, told us that Cardi Corporation anticipated paving Broadway on Monday, November 21st and Tuesday, November 22nd.
Walsh and the other project manager, Julie with Cardi confirmed with City officials on Thursday morning that Broadway will be paved in both directions tomorrow, Friday, November 18! If there is work that can not be finished, it will be done on Saturday, November 19th.
There will be no parking on Broadway, and Equality Park West on Friday. On Dr. Marcus Wheatland Blvd. there will be parking on the west side. The city’s hope is for minimal impact on Saturday.
All work is weather dependent, so work could be delayed. We’ll do our best to keep you in the know of any scheduling changes, detours and parking restrictions.
The Latest From WUN
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education
- Wilbury Theatre Group launches Pay-What-You-Can ticket structure for all performances