Newport City Council will host their one-and-only November meeting on Tuesday, November 9th; less than 24 hours after polls close on Election Day and they find out who the Council will be made up of going forward.
The following items of business, filed with the City Clerk under the Rules of the Council, will come before the Council at its regular meeting to be held at 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers at Newport City Hall.
CITIZENS’ FORUM: (Speakers must sign in with the City Clerk). The Citizens’ Forum period shall be no longer than fifteen minutes, and citizens may address the Council on one subject only and for no longer than three minutes. Issues to be discussed shall not include matters to be considered or discussed as part of the regular Council agenda and must be related to substantive city business. No comments regarding personnel or job performance are allowed.
COUNCIL LIAISON UPDATES
1. PUBLIC HEARING: Comprehensive Land Use Plan Update (Continued from October 26, 2016)
2. CONSENT CALENDAR. (THE CONSENT CALENDAR IS APPROVED IN ITS ENTIRETY UNLESS THE COUNCIL REMOVES AN ITEM FOR DISCUSSION. ALL LICENSES ARE GRANTED SUBJECT TO COMPLIANCE WITH ORDINANCES #31-80 AND #98-40.)
a. Minutes of the meeting held September 28, 2016 (Approve)
b. Special Event Licenses:
1) Emmanuel Church, d/b/a Holiday Fair, Emmanuel Church; November 19, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
2) Bowen’s Wharf Co., Inc., d/b/a Annual Bowen’s Christmas Tree Lighting, Bowen’s Wharf; December 3, 2016 from 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
3) The Tomorrow Fund, d/b/a 33rd Christmas 10k Run 3.3 mile walk, beginning and ending at Rogers High School (route attached); December 11, 2016 from 8:00 a.m. to noon
4) Waterfront Productions, LLC, d/b/a Great Chowder Cookoff, Fort Adams State Park; June 10, 2017 from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
5) Gray Matter Marketing, d/b/a Newport Marathon (2017), beginning and ending at Easton’s Beach (route attached); October 8, 2017 from 7:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
c. Horse & Carriage License, Daily, Khaelan M. Tucker, December 10, 2016; departing Channing Memorial Church at 4:00 p.m. traveling down Bellevue Avenue to Rosecliff Mansion and departing Rosecliff Mansion at 10:30 p.m. traveling to 41 North Hotel, 351 Thames St.
d. Communication from CRMC, re: application of Lee and Amy Warner for a State of Rhode Island Assent on the shoreline area of 734 Bellevue Avenue, Plat 38, Lot 30-4 (Receive)
Communication from the Cliff Walk Commission Chair
LICENSES & PERMITS
3. 2016-2017 Victualing License Renewals (listed at end of docket)
a) Non-liquor Establishments
b) Liquor Establishments
4. Victualing License, New, Zara Trading, Inc., d/b/a Rib & Rhein, 86 William St.
5. Entertainment License, New, Class A (Indoor), Irish American Athletic Club, d/b/a Irish American Athletic Club, 642 Thames St. (Second Hearing)
6. Entertainment License, New, Class A (Indoor), Mission, LLC, d/b/a Mission, 29-31 Marlborough St. (Second Hearing)
COMMUNICATIONS AND PETITIONS
7. APPOINTMENTS TO BOARDS & COMMISSIONS
Note: Vacancies currently or soon will exist on the following Boards and Commissions:
Accessibility Advisory Committee, Waste Water and Storm Water Improvements Committee, Affirmative Action Commission, Beach Commission, Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Commission, Energy and Environment Commission, Finance Review Committee, Harbor Walk Commission, Historic District Commission, Planning Board, Trust and Investment Commission, Tree and Open Space Commission, Waterfront Commission, Zoning Board of Review
Affirmative Action Commission: Katherine (Kate) Hoepfner-Karle
8. Schedule of 2017 regular City Council meetings
9. Requesting City grant applications in excess of $25,000 be placed on the City Council agendas for public discussion – K. Leonard, J. Florez
10. Requesting the City to investigate PILOT programs – K. Leonard, J. Florez
11. Expressing Appreciation to Councilor Naomi L. Neville for her service on the City Council – City Council
12. Recognizing Remember the Homeless Month- City Council
13. Amending Chapter 10.28.050 of the Codified Ordinances entitled, “Mary Street parking lot” (Second Reading)
COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE CITY MANAGER
14. Action Item #5587/16 re: Pell School – Technology Endowment Fund (w/accompanying resolution)
15. Action Item #5588/16 re: RI Infrastructure Bank – PACE Municipality Designation and C-PACE Program Agreement (w/accompanying resolution)
16. Action Item #5589/16 re: Award of Bid – Water Distribution Main Improvements 2017 (w/accompanying resolution)
17. Action Item #5590/16 re: Design of Water Distribution Improvements-Amendment No. 1 (w/accompanying resolution)
18. Action Item #5591/16 re: Newport Hazard Mitigation Plan – Update 2016 (w/accompanying resolution)
BOARD OF LICENSE COMMISSIONERS
LICENSES AND PERMITS:
1. 2016-17 Liquor License Renewals (listed at end of docket) (Hearing)