There a brand new restaurant looking to open in a unique location in Downtown Newport.
Ciro’s Pomodoro Italian Restaurant & Bar will open at 10 Brown & Howard Wharf, according to a recent application in front of the City Of Newport Board Of license Commissioners.
It appears that this new restaurant has purchased the Class BV alcoholic beverage license (full restaurant liquor license) from Willy’s. Most recently, The Joe Fitzpatrick Team had Willy’s full liquor license, inventory and equipment listed at $350,000. The commercial building that Willy’s occupies at 599 Thames Street is listed at $595,000.
The application states that the location will occupy units 103 – 107 (approximately 3,051 sq. ft) of the three story building, all units are on the first floor.
Board Of License Commissioners Notice
Pursuant to Title 2-5-17 of the General Laws of RI, 1956, as amended, notice is hereby given that an application has been filed by A&), Inc., d/ba/ Willy’s, 599 Thames St. to transfer its Class BV alcoholic beverage license to TBG Food & Beverage LLC (Johannes Erskine Floe, sole-member), d/b/a Ciro’s Pomodoro Italian Restaurant & Bar, 10 Brown & Howard Wharf, Units 103- 107.
Remonstrants will be heard by the Board of License Commissioners on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chamber, City Hall, 43 Broadway, Newport, RI.
Breakdown Of Units
- Unit 103 (609 sq. ft) was most recently assessed at $251,200 and was most recently owned by The Bard Group, LLC.
- Unit 104 (819 sq. ft) was most recently assessed at $304,600 and was most recently owned by The Bard Group, LLC.
- Unit 105 (487 sq. ft) was most recently assessed at $219,700 and was most recently owned by The Bard Group, LLC.
- Unit 106 (475 sq. ft) was most recently assessed at $216,900 and was most recently owned by The Bard Group, LLC.
- Unit 107 (661 sq. ft) was most recently assessed at $264,600 and was most recently owned by The Bard Group, LLC.
While we don’t know if there is a tie to the soon to open Newport location, there is a small restaurant chain that is based out of London named Ciro’s Pomodoro. The group does license locations to other parts of the world. They currently have locations in London, Al Khobar, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Dubai and Kuwait. Here are a few excerpts from their website;
Ciro Orsini, founder of Ciros Pomodoro, opened his first legendary restaurant in the Rock n Roll years of 1978 located at the Prime location of Beauchamp Place Knightsbridge London.
Ciro’s Pomodoro is expanding world wide and beyond, so if you hear that a Ciro’s Pomodoro is opening on the moon, please remember our Motto (Expect the Unexpected) Before we discuss the man, just a little information concerning the Name… Orsini. If we tell you that Twelve Orsini men married twelve daughters of kings and Emperors, you might slightly begin to understand the man.
This story will be updated as more information is received.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune
- Apple Picking Season has arrived! “Six Picks” Orchards in Newport County and beyond
- Jamestown Arts Center seeks artist submissions for ‘RAW: Reassessment and Wonder’
- National Data shows an increase in child poverty and uninsured children
- 24th International Seapower Symposium taking place at Naval War College this week
- Obituary: Anne S. Gadoury
- Obituary: John Richard Davidson