The inaugural TEDxNewport will take place today (Saturday, November 5th) at the historic Jane Pickens Theater from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The independently organized event, licensed by TED, will feature 13 local voices as well as TED Talk videos under the theme “Tides of Change”. The presentations will explore changes, patterns, and forward-thinking ideas that are present in Newport.
Launched in 2009, TEDx is program of locally organized events that bring the community together to share a TED-like experience. Some of the best talks from TEDx events have gone on to be featured on TED.com and garnered millions of views from audiences across the globe.
The event was limited to 100 guests and is invite only, if you didn’t receive an invite the only way to participate and watch today is online.
In alphabetical order, those invited to speak today at TEDxNewport 2016 are;
- Sam Birger
- Jim Egan
- Steve Heath
- Kelly Kittel
- Valerie Larkin
- Kate & Amanda Leese
- Dave McLaughlin
- Jim Mullowney
- Rupert Nesbitt
- Sean O’Callaghan
- Christopher Reeves
- Steve Sabo
- Onne van der Wal
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals