The Newport Police Departments is alerting residents that National Grid Gas will be conducting required maintenance next week on a gas main on Lower Thames Street, the work will require a detour.
Work consists of the excavation of Thames Street in three separate areas between Dearborn Street and Wellington Ave. This work and traffic detour will occur on Tuesday, November 15, 2016, Wednesday, November 16, 2016 and Thursday, November 17, 2016. Work will begin nightly at 6pm till completion each night to minimize traffic disruptions.
The roadway will be open each morning following the scheduled work for the morning commute.
Traffic traveling south on Thames Street will be detoured at Dearborn. The detour will then travel east on Dearborn making a left traveling northbound on Spring Street, turning right onto Bowery and right onto Bellevue Ave and right onto Narragansett Ave to Thames Street. Detour signs will be in place and police officers will be on site to assist motorist with getting to businesses or home. Please use alternate routes during construction.
More from What's Up Newp
- Dashboard Confessional bringing “Unplugged 2021 Tour” to Mohegan Sun on Saturday, Nov. 13th
- School Approaching and Mental Health First Aid Classes to be held at Elks Newport
- What Sold: 31 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (July 25 – 31)
- Obituary: Timothy E. Carter
- Newport Gallery Night returns on August 12
- Obituary: Belmira Silvia
- Obituary: Jayne Ellen Byam
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 3 Recap and Photos (August 1)
- Obituary: Susan Christie
- Obituary: Eileen Burke