The Newport Department of Utilities, Water Pollution Control Division and the engineering consultant Fuss & O’Neill have been working on the Drainage Investigation and Flood Analysis Project for the drainage watershed that includes Whitwell Ave and surrounding area that discharges into the Moat at Ellery Road. The City recognizes that participation from the residents and stakeholders of the study areas is necessary and very valuable for the success of the project. Therefore, opportunities for input from residents and stakeholders are an important element of the scope of services for the project.
The focus of the second public meeting will be to present and receive feedback on potential drainage system improvements that Fuss & O’Neill have developed based on their investigations and modeling
The public meeting is scheduled for: Date: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 Location: City Council Chambers, City Hall 43 Broadway Time: 6:00 pm- 8:00pm
City Hall is ADA accessible. If special accommodations are required in order to participate in this meeting, please contact Julia Forgue, Director of Utilities, at 401-845-5600 at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting.
The Latest From WUN
- Weather Alert: High Wind Warning issued for the region – Storm arrives Tuesday
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more