Although it doesn’t feel like winter, The winter beers are upon us! Right after Pumpkin beers are done, Stouts and Porters seem to roll in right away. There’s no better way to cozy up at The Wharf Pub than with a Foolproof Peanut Butter Porter or Dogfish Head’s Beer for Breakfast. Here at the Wharf we like to have a variety not only on draft but on our bottle and can list as well.
Here are our top seven favorite Stouts, Porters and Brown Ales we currently carry:
Long Trail Harvest (Middlebury, VT) ABV: 4.4%
Long Trail’s seasonal brown ale brewed with Vermont Maple Syrup giving it a sweetness on the end.
Atwater Decadent Chocolate Ale (Detroit, MI) ABV: 5.5%
Made with Chocolate Extract, giving it a nutty mouthfeel and silky finish.
Dogfish Head Beer for Breakfast (Milton, DE) ABV: 7.4%
Stout brewed with Guatemala Antigua cold press coffee, Maple syrup harvested from Western Mass, Scrapple with a blend of spices.
Whalers Hazelnut Stout (Wakefield, RI) ABV: 6.5%
Stout brewed with Hazelnuts and Coffee.
Shed Mountain Ale (Middlebury, VT) ABV: 7.0%
English strong ale with caramel and toffee notes, brewed with Mt Hood and and Northern Brewer hops.
Breckenridge Vanilla Porter (Littleton, CO) ABV: 5.4%
Porter brewed with Chocolate and Roasted malts.
Foolproof Peanut Butter Porter (Pawtucket, RI) ABV: 5.4%
Foolproof’s seasonal porter brewed with peanuts from Nut’s ‘n More out of Pawtucket, RI.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)