Here is what’s happening for road work, closures and detours in and around Newport, RI this week.
Middletown: East Main Rd. East and West, from West Main Rd. to Rego Rd., one lane open in each direction for construction, Monday and Tuesday from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Wednesday from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Newport: Broadway, from Cranston Ave. to Marlborough St., minor off-road work possible, Monday-Wednesday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Newport Pell Bridge Westbound Right Lane Closure: 11/21 and 11/22- 9 am to 3 pm Eastbound Right Lane Closure -11/21 and 11/22- 9 am to 3 pm
Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge: There are currently no Lane Closures scheduled on the Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge.
Route 138 Connector: There are currently no Lane Closures scheduled on the Route 138 connector.
Mount Hope Bridge Northbound Lane Closure: 11/21 and 11/22 – 9 am to 3 pm
Sakonnet River Bridge Southbound Left Lane Closure: 11/21 – 9 am to 2 pm
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts