Rhode Island Board of Elections records show that Former Mayor and City Council-At-Large candidate Harry Winthrop raised more cash than all other City Council candidates in the most recent period.
Winthrop’s campaign raised $12,525 in donations between July 1 and October 10th, while all other opponents raised less than $8,000 during the same period.
Winthrop ended the quarter with $8,836 cash on hand while all other candidates had approximately remaining in his war chest, according to reports from both campaigns.
Trudy Coxe (CEO & President of Preservation Society of Newport County), Joe Paolino (Former Mayor of Providence and developer) Aram Garabedian (Developer and property owner) and Robert Kempenaar (Newport Tent Company) are among Winthrop’s notable donors.
28 Days Before Election Report – Newport City Council-At-Large-Candidates
Click on the name of the candidate to see their latest campaign finance report
- J. Bova – Raised: $6,067 | Cash On Hand: $2,691.43
- J. Florez – Raised: $1,442.51 | Cash On Hand: $942.57
- C. Lavarre – Raised: $150 | Cash On Hand: $150
- J. Napolitano – Raised: $200 | Cash On Hand: $184.01
- J. McLaughlin – Raised: $0 | Cash On Hand: $0
- H. Winthrop – Raised: $12,550 | Cash On Hand: $8,836.36
Reminder for those just catching up – Naomi Neville is not running for re-election. Also, the top four vote-getters from these six on November 8th will be elected to Newport City Council.
The next public filing is 7 Days From Election and covers the time period of October 11th through October 31st, candidates are required to submit on November 1st.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)