People’s Credit Union was recently awarded the Excellence in Advocacy Award for Rhode Island and the Credit Union of the Year by the Cooperative Credit Union Association.
The Excellence in Advocacy Award for Rhode Island award was in recognition of People’s Credit Union’s commitment to promoting awareness of credit unions. In addition to the Excellence in Advocacy Award, People’s Credit Union received the Credit Union of the Year Award; this award was in recognition of their overall commitment to advocacy and social responsibility.
“These awards are a result of the hard work and commitment of all employees and the Board of Directors. It was our honor to accept these awards on behalf of all employees, Board and our members,” commented Ellen Ford, President and CEO.
The Cooperative Credit Union Association is a credit union trade group with a heritage distinguishing it as the oldest continually operating trade group in the United States. While proud of this heritage, the Association serves its member credit unions throughout Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Delaware and Rhode Island as their legislative and regulatory advocate, as a liaison to vendors and business partners, and as a resource for training and education, and industry news.
Headquartered in Middletown, People’s Credit Union is a member-owned, state chartered, federally insured, community credit union established in 1922. Membership is open to all individuals. Deposits are insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an agency of the federal government. For more information about People’s Credit Union visit www.peoplescu.com.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts