Our site doesn’t have a paywall and all of our content and newsletters are always free to read.
Instead, reader support and advertising from local businesses power our locally owned, independent newsroom. If you like what we do, a contribution of $8/month means more than you’d think, and any amount helps.
As we make our way quickly towards the end of October, many restaurants (particularly among the waterfront) are preparing to call it a season and close during the off-season until next spring.
While a lot of the restaurants wait until after the Bowen’s Wharf Seafood Festival, some have already battened down the hatches.
The What’sUpNewp Crew has started to compile a list of when some of Newport’s beloved seasonal restaurants will close, check back often for updates.
- 22 Bowen’s – Portside closes after Bowen’s Wharf Seafood Festival (October 15 – 16)
- Belle’s Cafe – Open through December for breakfast and lunch.
- Castle Hill – Lawn closes on October 10th.
- Clarke Cooke House – Summer Sushi has ended.
- Flo’s in Middletown – Open Thursday – Sunday until Thanksgiving. Closed Thanksgiving weekend through March.
- Landing Restaurant- Will close after Bowen’s Wharf Seafood Festival (October 15-16).
- Marina Cafe & Pub – Will close on October 16th for winter.
- Port Restaurant – Last day will be October 16th.
- Smokehouse – Closed on October 10th for winter.
- Top Of Newport (Roofdeck at Hotel Viking) – Closed for season
This story will be updated as we receive more information from restaurants.