Marathon: The Patriots Day Bombing recounts the dramatic story of the April 2013 terrorist attack at the Boston Marathon through the emotional experiences of individuals whose lives were forever impacted.
newportFILM will host a screening of the film, which is Directed by Ricki Stern and Annie Sundberg, on November 9th at The Casino Theater in Newport.
The film will be followed by a conversation with Newport’s Heather Abbott and Sydney & Celeste Corcoran, survivors of the Boston Marathon bombing.
The movie begins at 7 p.m., tickets are $20 per person and can be purchased HERE.
Following events as they unfolded that day and over the next two years to the death penalty sentencing of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the film features surveillance footage, news clips, home movies and exclusive interviews with survivors and their families, as well as first responders, investigators, government officials and reporters from the Boston Globe, which won a Pulitzer Prize for its coverage of the bombing. Over the course of three years, a newlywed couple, a mother and daughter, two brothers – all gravely injured by the blast – face the challenges of physical and emotional recovery as they and their families strive to reclaim their lives and communities in the wake of terrorism. Directed by Ricki Stern and Annie Sundberg. Produced in association with The Boston Globe.
The Latest From WUN
- Grammy-Nominated Artist Leigh Nash playing Club Passim Tuesday, November 2
- Hocus Pocus 2 begins filming in Rhode Island
- Kerri Powers and Stefan Couture playing Blackstone River Theatre October 30th
- “Creatures of Imagination” exhibition opens Oct. 21 at Salve Regina’s Hamilton Gallery
- What Sold: 24 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (Oct. 11 – 15)