Landings Real Estate Group, a premier real estate development company headquartered in Newport, Rhode Island, is preparing for the revitalization of the property located at 595 Thames Street recently purchased for $1,000,001.
What’sUpNewp brought you the news first back on August 13, 2016 that the property had sold. Plans for the property, originally home to Newport Fire Station No. 6 and later a local pizzeria, call for two luxury residential properties intended for vacation and seasonal rentals.
Landings Real Estate Group confirms that the plans for the property, originally home to Newport Fire Station No. 6 and later a local pizzeria, call for two luxury residential properties intended for vacation and seasonal rentals.
Landings’ vision for the property is to restore the firehouse it to its former glory, preserving it as a beacon of history on lower Thames Street in Newport’s Fifth Ward neighborhood. In doing so, Landings intends to maintain the building’s slate roof, restore the brick facade, restore the original firehouse doors and replace windows with replications of the originals.
“We are thrilled to be able to preserve this piece of Newport history and integrate it into our vision for our vacation rental portfolio here in Newport,” said Christopher Bicho, President of Landings Real Estate Group. “Our plans for this prominent corner in Newport is to enhance the gateway to the Fifth Ward and the scenic drive past Kings Park. When complete, these properties will provide visitors with an ideal place to stay while aesthetically enhancing the local neighborhood of Lower Thames Street.”
In addition to the restoration of the firehouse, two new properties connected by a garage will be developed. Plans for the for the corner parcel of land include all new sustainable landscape design with lush plantings and sidewalk repair that will that will bring new life to the intersection of Thames Street and Wellington Avenue.
Landings Real Estate Group provides development, construction and property management services as an owner and operator of multi-family, vacation, office and retail properties in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York and Florida. The addition of these properties at 595 Thames Street join the organization’s new brand of vacation rental properties which includes the portfolio of properties known as “The Newport Lofts” and two other properties currently under development: The Newport Inn located at 353 Spring Street and The East Island Reserve located at 985 East Main Road in Middletown, RI.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13