Following the success of Jaws Summer Party in July and The Big Lebowski Party in September, What’sUpNewp has partnered with Jane Pickens Theater to bring another classic films to the big screen of the historic theater!
What’sUpNewp and the Jane Pickens Theater present The Blues Brothers Party, featuring a special screening of The Blue Brothers (1980) and live music with The Big Cat Blues Band.
Live music starts at 7 p.m. and the movie begins at 8 p.m.
Tickets are $10 per person and available here. (Tickets will be sold at the door on the night of!)
Formed in the 90’s by Matt Bruneau, The Big Cat Blues Band has been a staple in the Rhode Island/Southeast Massachusetts music scene for over 20 years. Playing the West Coast and Chicago Blues music by such greats as Stevie Ray Vaughn, Little Charlie and the Nightcats, James Cotton, and Commander Cody, The Big Cat Blues Band has matured into a band that “Plays it like they live it”.
The Big Cat Blues Band delivers what audiences crave — great music, lively dancing, and a soaring good time. The groove is strong with Matt Bruneau in his element playing his spiritual guitar solos, Mike Rand joining in with his soulful harp and vocals, Brian Rodrigues’ powerful vocals and foot stomping rub board , and Jason Borden and Dave Underwood laying down a solid rhythm.
Tickets can be purchased at www.janepickens.com, at the Bowen’s Wharf Pilot House and at the Jane Pickens Box Office!
The Latest From WUN
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Dune”
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Minks rock Askew (October 21, 2021)
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch