In this season of change, a local company headquartered in Newport is planning on opening a new deli on Thames Street in Newport.
Landings Real Estate Group, a premier real estate development company headquartered in Newport, is now hiring a Deli Manager for a new restaurant coming soon to Newport, RI.
Landing Real Estate Group is calling the deli an “exciting new start-up opportunity” and is looking for an Individual who has a strong work ethic and an ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced atmosphere, with great customer skills, commitment to quality, and a passion for food.
“The applicant will be instrumental in the startup of our Deli, opening on Thames Street in Newport. The applicant with be responsible for, but not limited to, restaurant and menu planning, all daily kitchen operations, food safety, inventory and ordering, and customer service aspects”, the job posting on Craigslist states.
In Newport and Middletown, The Landings Real Estate Group portfolio includes the recently purchased former Newport Fire Station No. 6, The Newport Lofts, The Newport Inn and 5 retail properties in downtown Newport including: Hey Sailor (located at 129 Swinburn Row), Chez Shell (408 Thames Street), Ben and Jerry’s (located at 359 Thames Street), The Shop (located at 397 Thames Street) and Thames Street Tee Shirt Company (located at 410 Thames Street).
With The Shop closing for good a few weeks ago, chances are high that this deli concept could land there. A request for comment from Landing Real Estate Group was not answered on Tuesday.
Landings Real Estate Group provides development, construction and property management services as an owner and operator of multi-family, vacation, office and retail properties in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York and Florida.
More From What’s Up Newp
- This Day in RI History: May 18, 1652 – Rhode Island becomes the first colony to pass an anti-slavery law
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now
- Rhode Island Hospitality Jobs: RI Hospitality Association launches new website for employers and job seekers
- Governor McKee, RIDOH change up COVID-19 press conference schedule, will now take place every other Thursday
- CCRI hosts 5th Annual Raising Opportunities Benefit to support students’ ‘comeback’ amidst pandemic