The United States Navy Band will perform at 4 p.m. at the 3rd Annual New England Festival of Hope held at Easton’s Beach, Newport, RI, on Sunday, September 11, 2016.
Navy Band Northeast was officially established in 1974, and performs regularly throughout the eleven-state Northeast region. Navy Bands have been an integral part of the Naval presence in Newport for over 150 years.
The diverse musical line-up also includes contemporary Christian performers Kimo Baker; Zac Lenz; Jonny Geeze and his band; and local Newport Christian rapper Chris McCabe.
“There is no better way for us to share patriotic optimism and praise than through our incredibly talented musicians.” said Pastor Paul Hoffman of EFC Newport. “This is going to be an amazing event. Imagine being at beautiful Easton’s Beach at sunset, enjoying live music, inspiring speakers, surrounded by families all in community with one another.”
Entertainment for the event will include a BMX bike demonstration with four-time X Games gold medalist Kevin Robinson (K-Rob), and special guest inspirational speakers Boston Red Sox Hall of Famer Dwight “Dewey” Evans, and current New England Revolution Midfielder, Teal Bunbury.
The Festival of Hope is sponsored by neighboring New England churches including: Evangelical Friends Church of Newport, Christ Church, Crosspoint Church, Community Baptist Church, Community Covenant Church, First Presbyterian Church, Groton Bible Chapel, His Providence Church, Middletown Baptist Church, Mount Hope Church, Osterville Baptist Church, Portsmouth Evangelical Friends Church, Portsmouth United Methodist Church and the Salvation Army Newport.
This event is family friendly and free for all to participate. For more information visit www.nefestivalofhope.com. EFC Newport is a contemporary church located at 70 Bliss Mine Road, Middletown RI. For more information visit www.efcnewport.com
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)