Island Moving Co. will hold auditions for children’s roles in its holiday production Newport Nutcracker at Rosecliff on Saturday, September 17th at Island Moving Co.’s studios at 3 Charles St. in Newport, RI. Auditions will be at 1:30pm for children ages 7-11 and at 4pm for children 12 and up. Candidates are asked to arrive one half hour before the audition time.
The Newport Nutcracker at Rosecliff is a full-length ballet set in the beautiful surroundings of Rosecliff mansion on Bellevue Avenue in Newport. The children’s cast works closely with the professional performers of the Island Moving Co. New York Times critic Alastair Macaulay wrote about Miki Ohlsen’s unique vision of the holiday classic in his 2010 “Nutcracker Marathon.” The Newport Nutcracker at Rosecliff was also featured on Good Morning America’s Christmas Day broadcast.
Performances run from November 25th to December 2nd. Auditions will be in the form of a ballet class. All children should have ballet training and be dressed appropriately for ballet class. There will be an audition fee of $25 with pre-registration using the form at www.islandmovingco.org. On September 17th, the fee is $40. For more information about the auditions and Island Moving Co.’s season, call 401 847-4470.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools