Just two weeks after attending a fundraiser hosted by Senator Jack Reed at Newport Shipyard, Democratic Vice President nominee Tim Kaine will return to Newport on August 13th for a fundraiser for Hillary Clinton.
Ted Nesi reports for WPRI.com that the the event will be at the home of Barrett Bready, founder and CEO of the life-sciences company Nabsys, and his wife Alma.
The event is hosted by Gov. Gina Raimondo, the state’s four-member congressional delegation, longtime Clinton ally Joe Paolino, former gubernatorial candidate Clay Pell, and Susan and Richard Weiner, the wife and son of the late Mark Weiner.
For more information, including the cost to get into the event, visit Nesi’s story – http://wpri.com/2016/08/01/democratic-vp-nominee-tim-kaine-returning-to-ri/
More from What's Up Newp
- Obituary: Timothy E. Carter
- Newport Gallery Night returns on August 12
- Obituary: Belmira Silvia
- Obituary: Jayne Ellen Byam
- Obituary: Susan Christie
- Obituary: Eileen Burke
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 3 Recap and Photos (August 1)
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell