A report of an “unmanned life raft” in Potter’s Cove triggered a multi-agency search of the area shortly after 5 p.m. on Monday.
Portsmouth Fire Department and responding crews were tied up for 1 hour during the search.
The “life raft” was located and determined to be a recreational flotation device by first responders, they say it was likely left behind by the party goers and boaters that attended Aquapalooza over the weekend.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year
- Home on Chastellux Avenue in Newport sells for $7.1 million