A report of an “unmanned life raft” in Potter’s Cove triggered a multi-agency search of the area shortly after 5 p.m. on Monday.
Portsmouth Fire Department and responding crews were tied up for 1 hour during the search.
The “life raft” was located and determined to be a recreational flotation device by first responders, they say it was likely left behind by the party goers and boaters that attended Aquapalooza over the weekend.
The Latest From WUN
- Potter League to host 32nd Annual Heart & Sole Walk for Animals at Fort Adams
- The Beach Boys To play Mohegan Sun Arena on New Year’s Eve
- FirstWorks to present “Women Trailblazers in Music” in November
- Now Hiring: 77 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- National Sailing Hall Of Fame inducts Class of 2021