After months of allegations of sexual abuse by dozens of alumni, St. George’s and sexual abuse survivors have reached a settlement agreement.
Up to 30 alumni, some who claimed incidents that dated back as far as the 1970’s, of St. George’s will receive compensation from the school, the terms and amount will remain confidential.
The Boston Globe with more information – Survivors of sex abuse reach settlement with R.I.’s St. George’s School
- July 8 – “St. George’s” Bill Signed Into Law, Will Close Loophole in Mandatory Abuse Reporting
- June 8 – Headmaster of St. George’s Will Step Down in 2017
- June 2 – Investigation of Sexual Abuse at St. George’s Closed, No Criminal Charges
- May 10 – St. George’s Looking to Settle With Alumni Over Sexual Abuse Allegations
- April 13 – Report: State Police Nearing End of St. George’s Sex Abuse Probe
- April 7 – St. George’s Says Administrator Put On Leave Following “Secondhand Allegations”
- January 25 – Stage Crew Manager for Newport Folk & Jazz Festivals Tied to Alleged Abuse at St. George’s
- December 23 – Hundreds Sign Online Petition Asking St. George’s School to Take Action on Alleged Sexual Abuse
- December 15 – St. George’s Lands on Front Cover of Boston Globe Today for Past Sexual Abuse Allegations