What’s better than watching The Sandlot? Watching the iconic film at one of New England’s most historic baseball fields!
Back by popular demand, OceanPointe will once again host a screening of The Sandlot at Cardines Field in Newport on Labor Day Weekend, September 2nd.
The non-denominational, independent, christian church, hosted a screening of the film last year on Friday, September 4th.
The Sandlot (1993) is a PG film about a new kid in town that is taken under the wing of a young baseball prodigy and his team. Together, they get themselves into many adventures involving rival teams, lifeguards, and a vicious dog.
A 40-foot screen will be set up on Cardines field facing the first base line, that side of the stadium will be used for seating.
More details for the film will soon be announced.
In 2015, doors opened at 7:30 p.m. and the movie started at 8 p.m.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune
- Apple Picking Season has arrived! “Six Picks” Orchards in Newport County and beyond
- Jamestown Arts Center seeks artist submissions for ‘RAW: Reassessment and Wonder’
- National Data shows an increase in child poverty and uninsured children
- 24th International Seapower Symposium taking place at Naval War College this week
- Obituary: Anne S. Gadoury
- Obituary: John Richard Davidson