Representative Lauren Carson (D-District 75, Newport) will hold a constituent meeting dedicated to the arts on September 7th from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Newport Art Museum.
“I enjoy holding constituent meetings throughout the year as a means for gathering ideas for my work at the State House, and as a way to inform myself about what matters most to my constituents. Since the arts are such an important element of Newport’s identity and economy, I’m looking forward to this discussion and to helping to connect our community’s working artists to state and local resources,” said Representative Carson.
All District 75 residents are welcome, and those involved in the arts are particularly encouraged to attend for a discussion on resources available for arts promotion and funding.
Joining Representative Carson (D-Dist. 75, Newport) will be Nancy McAuliffe, president of the Arts & Cultural Alliance of Newport County, who will talk about the arts in Newport and ways in which the alliance can assist the community and promote cross-cultural collaborations.
Randy Rosenbaum, executive director of the Rhode Island State Council on the Arts, will then present an overview of funding opportunities for Newport artists, arts organizations and schools.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport String Project Season Opening Concert
- This day in Newport History: September 19, 1902 – Jimmy Van Alen born in Newport
- Concert Recap and Photos: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals at the Greenwich Odeum (September 18, 2021)
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour