Usually on the second Monday of the month I’d be joined by Evan Smith from Discover Newport, because Evan is on vacation this week, I had a full show to talk about whatever need to be talked about (or what I wanted to talk about).
The show started off with a conversation about locally made gear that the 2016 USA Olympic Athletes received, we quickly and abruptly changed course to chat about the controversy about the proposed new fire/rescue boat, finally we were joined by Nick Lima to chat about the end of the Newport Gulls 2016 season.
Listen to the podcast below;
12:30pm to 1pm
1pm to 2pm
Listen to The Open Forum with Ryan Belmore every weekday from 12:30pm to 2pm on AM 1540 WADK.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune
- Apple Picking Season has arrived! “Six Picks” Orchards in Newport County and beyond
- Jamestown Arts Center seeks artist submissions for ‘RAW: Reassessment and Wonder’
- National Data shows an increase in child poverty and uninsured children
- 24th International Seapower Symposium taking place at Naval War College this week
- Obituary: Anne S. Gadoury
- Obituary: John Richard Davidson