Naval Station Newport hosted their annual ‘Salute To Summer’ on Saturday, August 27th at Dewey Field.
The free event featured live music and entertainment by Navy Band Northeast, plenty of activities for children and a fireworks show.
Here’s some of our favorite photos that were shared on social media of the free concert, activities and fireworks show.
(More photos may be added, we update this feed as they are posted)
A photo posted by Jenel Buenvenida (@vader27) on
A photo posted by @twisted1963 on
A video posted by Tj (@captaintj401) on
A photo posted by Kate Rocchio (@katerocky1) on
A video posted by Sheryl??? (@batgirl500) on
A photo posted by Amanda (@76mandy) on
A photo posted by Leng Parenteau (@sillyleng) on
A photo posted by Jillian (@jilay7) on
A video posted by Veronica (@tenshi0tsubasa) on
A photo posted by Veronica (@tenshi0tsubasa) on
A photo posted by @dubious_lint on
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Folk 2021 – The final day of “Folk On” (July 28)
- Obituary: Joanne Donnelly Maher
- Obituary: Ralph E. Morgan
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival returns September 17 – 19
- Governor McKee, RIDE, and RIDOH release updated PreK-12 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Newport to require masks in city-owned buildings beginning August 2
- FirstWorks Live – Roger Williams Park free Summer Concert Series continues Sunday 8-1 with Voces de Los Andes
- Newport Folk 2021 – “Folk On” Part 2 Day 2 (Tuesday, July 27)
- Obituary: Rayfield Drowne Jr.
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum to house a portion of the Dr. Patrick T. Conley Library