Richard M. DesRoches, 49, of Bristol passed away Sunday, July 31, 2016 at Rhode Island Hospital in Providence.
Rick also leaves his children Jacob R. DesRoches, Maggie R. DesRoches both of Bristol, RI and Timothy DeMoranville and his wife Sarah of Fairhaven, MA, his grandchildren, Timothy Jr. and Theodore also of Fairhaven, MA, his brother, Kevin M. DesRoches of Cambridge, Ma. and his girlfriend Ashleigh Bartlett of Bristol. He leaves his former wife, Dana K. Cross, of Bristol, RI. He also leaves many aunts, uncles and cousins and numerous friends.
Rick was a 1985 graduate of Old Rochester Regional High School in Mattapoisett, MA.
Rick worked as a chef, catering for Belle Mer and most recently at Newport Beach House.
A Memorial Service will be held on Tuesday, August 16, 2016, from 4-6pm, in Connors Funeral Home, 55 West Main Road, Portsmouth, RI.
In lieu of flowers, donations in his memory may be made to the Jacob R. and Margaret R. DesRoches Trust Fund c/o Linda Retallic, 9 Hamlet Street, Fairhaven, MA 02719.
The Latest From WUN
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education
- Wilbury Theatre Group launches Pay-What-You-Can ticket structure for all performances