Mary Jo Buckley, our mom, died August 7th, 2016 with her face kissed by the last rays of the setting sun of a perfect summer day. She left us peacefully. In her last days we gathered around her. We laughed and cried and sang songs, we held her hand and kissed her face, and said everything we could think of that we had always wanted to say.
Mary Jo had many close friends, none closer or more of a constant in her life than the late Matt Siravo, who left us, also too soon, in October of last year. Mary Jo and Matt partnered to grow this family and much of what and who we are now, came in some way from their friendship and partnership in this life.
Mary Jo is survived by her brother Marcelino Mello and her children; Marc and Mary-Elizabeth Perry and grandchildren Marc Robert and Darian Perry; Andrew and Robin Perry-Soto and grandchildren Chris Brown and Jonathan Lynn and great-grandson Connor Lynn; Robert Scott Perry and grandson Alex Perry, Jonathan Martin and Audrey Perry and grandchildren Megan, Jonathan, Michael and Bennett Perry.
We are having calling hours on Saturday, August 13, 2016, from 3-7 PM in the Connors Funeral Home, 55 West Main RD. Portsmouth, RI.
The Latest From WUN
- Weather Alert: High Wind Warning issued for the region – Storm arrives Tuesday
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more