He was the husband of Diane M. (Clarke) Ferriera.
Born on December 25, 1932 in Middletown, RI, he was the son of the late Manuel R. Jr. and Mary A. (Vidinha) Ferreira.
John is a graduate of Rogers High School. For a short time he was a milkman for Aquidneck Dairy before he began his 35 year career as a lineman for Verizon.
Besides his wife of 55 years, he is survived by his two daughters, Jennifer Ferriera DaSilva and her husband Mauricio of Portsmouth, RI and Jess Ferrell and her husband Marvin D. Jr. of Middletown, RI, his sister, Alice Mosher and her husband Raymond of Middletown, RI, his one grandson Devin John Ferriera and several nieces, nephews and cousins.
He was the brother of the late Joseph John Ferreira.
Calling hours will be held on Tuesday, August 16, 2016, from 4-7pm in the Memorial Funeral Home, 375 Broadway, Newport.
A Mass of Christian burial will be held on Wednesday, August 17, 2016, at 9:00 am in Jesus Savior Church, Broadway, Newport, RI.
Burial will follow in St. Columba Cemetery, Browns Lane, Middletown.
Memorial donations in John’s name may be made to the Middletown Rescue Wagon Fund, 239 Wyatt Road, Middletown, RI 02842 or to Grand Islander Health Care Center, Activities Fund, 333 Green End Avenue, Middletown, RI 02842.
More from What’s Up Newp
- 23 Open Houses to check out in Newport County this weekend
- Obituary: Eileen Schultz English
- Obituary: Joseph R Casale
- Gerry Goldstein: Horse sense from a cowboy philosopher
- Opinion: Lucy’s Hearth needs the community’s support now more than ever
- National Grid making progress in restoration efforts
- Celtic Woman’s “Postcards From Ireland” arriving at Mohegan Sun Arena on March 18, 2022
- What’s Up This Weekend: Salve Fall Festival Weekend, Halloween Hilarity, Trunk or Treat, and more
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels