What’sUpNewp has confirmed that the building formerly known as Firehouse Pizza and Newport Fire Department Hose Co. 6 at 595 Thames Street has been sold.
Firehouse Pizza has been closed since 2012, Owner Rui Reis had shared with What’sUpNewp back in September of 2015 that he had hoped to renovate the building and reopen the building as Firehouse 595 in May of 2016.
The building was purchased this week for $1,000,001 by The Landings Group, who plans to turn the building into high end residential. Construction and renovations are expected to start immediately.
“I had received at least 10-15 offers on the building over the last two years even though it was never listed for sale. People just knew I represented Rui Reis and wanted to buy the building. Rui was not interested in any of them so my response was always he wouldn’t sell for a million dollars. One buyer took that advice literally. Hence the sales price.” Joe Fitzpatrick of The Fitzpatrick Team, who represents the buyer and seller, told us on Saturday morning.
Landings Real Estate Group is a private real estate development company headquartered in Newport, Rhode Island. Landings Real Estate Group provides development, construction and property management services to real estate investors and has investments in multi-family, office and retail properties in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York and Florida.
The Fitzpatrick Team has high hopes for the changes happening on Lower Thames Street and has another opportunity for the right person to be a part of the chances, Willy’s Burger Bar & Rotisserie at 599 Thames Street was just reduced to $1,050,000.
“There are big things happening in the 5th Ward right now – A strong restaurant concept will thrive in this neighborhood,” Fitzpatrick shared.
For more information about Joe Fitzpatrick and The Fitzpatrick Team, visit www.josephfitzpatrick.com.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Concert Recap and Photos: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals at the Greenwich Odeum (September 18, 2021)
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle