What’sUpNewp was among the first to announce that Republican Presidential Candidate Donald Trump would be in Newport on Friday night for a campaign fundraiser.
On Monday afternoon, the Providence Journal reported that a scheduling conflict will keep Trump from attending and that the fundraiser will have to be rescheduled.
Republican Presidential Candidate Donald Trump will attend a fundraiser in Newport, RI on Friday, September 2nd
What’sUpNewp was provided with the following fundraiser invitation by an informed source in the Rhode Island’s Republican Party on Saturday afternoon.
Location for the event is unknown at this time and the event has not been listed on his website yet.
Donald J. Trump will hold a rally at Xfinity Arena of Everett in Washington on Tuesday, August 30th Governor Mike Pence is schedule to appear in Winston-Salem, NC on August 30th and Sarasota, FL on August 31st.
News Talk 630 & 99.7FM also confirmed the event on Saturday afternoon.
This story will be updated as more information is confirmed.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts