Broadway and Dr. Marcus Wheatland Boulevard returned to their regular two-way traffic pattern on Wednesday afternoon after being closed for for a few weeks for construction and addition of decorative crosswalks.
On Tuesday, July 26th, Cardi Corporation began work on the decorative crosswalks on Broadway. Due to the nature of the work, the new traffic pattern was established making Broadway one-way northbound from Marlborough Street to Gould Street and Dr. Marcus F. Wheatland Boulevard one-way southbound from Equality Park Place to Marlborough Street.
During the City’s Weekly meeting last Thursday, it was determined that a request be made to the Contractor to complete the crosswalks as soon as possible. The Contractor has been able to accommodate the request and the crosswalks (at a cost incurred by the City), would be completed by the end of this week.
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf