Trudy Coxe, CEO of Preservation Society of Newport County, and friends joined me on The Open Forum on WADK1540AM for an hour on Monday, followed by a couple of 2016 Newport BridgeFest Artists.
Breakdown of the show:
12:30 – 12:45 – Ashley Householder, Associate Curator for Exhibitions, discussed the current exhibition at Rosecliff, Splendor at Sea: The Golden Age of Steam Yachting in America.
12:45 – 1:00 Maureen Sheridan, Director of Development, discussed the Live the Gilded Life Sweepstakes, which offers an over-the-top luxury weekend in Newport for the winner
1:06 – 1:30 Jim Donahue, Curator of Historic Landscapes & Gardens, and Patricia discussed the Edible Schoolyard program at Green Animals, a partnership with Aquidneck Island schools
1:30pm to 2pm: Newport Bridgefest Preview with Dick Lupino jazz bassist and vocalist (Greenvale on Tues July 26) PLUS AnamCara – Catrina & Collin – folk duo (One Pelham East on Wed July 27).
Listen 12:30pm to 1pm
Listen 1pm to 2pm
The Latest From WUN
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Sarah Potenza, Elvis Costello and more
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season