Nearby residents and business owners are currently circulating a petition in opposition of the addition of benches in Equality Park.
During the Broadway Streetscape Improvement Project construction and landscaping updates over the last year, benches in the park were removed.
Local residents and business owners believe that the park has been cleaner and safer without the benches, they oppose the addition of the new benches to the park and have circulated the following petition.
Organizers of the petition hope to forward collected signatures to the City Manager and the City Council at close of business on Monday, July 11th.
The new benches for the park are expected to be delivered and put in place at Equality Park in the next couple of weeks.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport String Project Season Opening Concert
- This day in Newport History: September 19, 1902 – Jimmy Van Alen born in Newport
- Concert Recap and Photos: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals at the Greenwich Odeum (September 18, 2021)
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour